Thread: Hi, I'm Emma.
View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Doggie Wench

Hi, I'm Emma.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Emma and I'm an almost 4 month old Pitbull puppy-girl. Not much is known of my short history other than I was hurt by a big dog and the person who used to own me didn't take me to the vet until I was really sick with an infection. Instead of taking care of me, she took me to a shelter to put me down. There I met a woman with the biggest heart, the softest eyes, and the gentlest touch; her name is BMDLuver and she's my guardian angel . After I started to heal, she took me to her home and cared for me where she discovered that I have some degree of hearing impairment. Because of my old injuries, my right eye is a little smaller than my left so my perception of depth is a little off. I did catch on using the stairs awfully quickly though and I can now run up and down them with no problems.

So now, here I find myself in this foster home with three other dogs, Lucky, Penny, and Ava. They're quite the rough and tumbly bunch with each other but not with me. Ava even cried anxiously with her tail wagging furiously until we were allowed to meet. I can tell that Lucky is the leader, but he's fair and gentle and I love to get his attention by licking his face and ears. Penny is definitely the one I can play with endlessly. She lets me steal all her toys and never gets mad. I think I surprise her though as she's never got to play tug with another dog who can keep up with her .

I'm looking forward to learning from my big foster brother and sisters and to what my new foster mom calls hand signals. She promised me that I'll be able to 'hear' and understand everything I need to by watching her. I'm eager to learn and show my new forever family, whoever they may be, that I'm just like any other loving puppy.

Here are some photos that were taken today. My foster mom says that I'm such a wiggly butt, it's hard to photograph me but promises to post more after we've had more time to get to know each other.

Penny letting me steal her favorite toy...

...and her favorite stick