View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2008, 11:32 AM

My cat is losing weight, also.

I have a 13 year old tom who went from a slightly overweight 13.9 lbs. to a very underweight 8.2. I have taken him to the vet for bloodwork. The vet suspected diabetes. Platelets, whitecount, gloucose are normal. Liver and Kidneys are good. A slight elevation in pancreatic fluid was the only thing the vet found with a slight temp.- 103.2 degrees. The vet told me to watch diet, but didn't recommend any kind of food. He does drink plenty of water, and his diet has always been Iams (various kinds-depending on age and weight) along with some table scraps.

I don't know what to do. I'm worried while I'm watching his diet I'm going to have a pet skeleton on my hand, he almost seems that way now. Any suggestions on change in food to give him, that would be healthy and get him to put on weight would be appreciated. This comes frome the U.S. so Canadian brands won't be of much help unless they are sold in U.S. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me solve the mystery of my cats weight loss.