View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:48 PM

Thank-you, hazelrunpack, for your gentle thoughts and kind words. I wrote that tribute so that others could know what an amazing little animal he was and how very much he will be missed. Even now, almost 3 weeks later, there is a huge, empty hole in my life.

In spite of a battery of x-rays, boodtests, and tissue samples, we weren't getting a definite diagnosis as to what was wrong. One night in total frustration and desperation, I found this site after doing a search with some of Barfy's symptoms as the key words. It was so upsetting to read some of the posts (because most of his symptoms matched those described) but yet at the same time it was comforting to know that there were others who could really understand what our little family was going through. ALL the posts were very touching but KiChien's & puppypwr's posts in particular brought tears to my eyes. Thank-you also to YOU, hazelrunpack, for the advice given in one of your posts (#27) about when to know when the time is right to let your baby go. We didn't want to take away even one less day, hour, or minute from our beloved pet than we had to, and it was YOUR advice that we followed to know when it was time. Thank-you.

To the other dog lovers whose baby may have symptoms like those described in some of these posts: There is HOPE in that our sweet dog appeared to have no pain (until the very last day) and he was with us quite a bit longer than what was originally predicted.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

-Unknown