Thread: How old are we?
View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Mom of Cody and Nova

I'm 21, but sometimes I feel like I'm much older just because of the way people around my age act towards me, 'Your 21, can't drive, live at home, and aren't going to school?? You need to move out!' Umm.. maybe some people move out when they turn 18, but if you have a good relationship with your family and can stay there for free while you work and try to figure out your life, wheres the harm in that?? Yes, they make me feel like its a crime! Once in a while I'll run into somebody who says 'you're still young, theres time to figure it out. don't rush things.' and I'm so glad when people tell me that, so I know the way I feel isn't out of the norm.

I'm still surprised by how many people think at 21 I should be living on my own with a career. Things don't work out that easily for everyone, especially when I have no idea what I want to do!

The only definite thing in life is that I love my pets and can't live without them Now if I can convince my family that another dog would do us some good...