Thread: Bring Brew Home
View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:46 PM

Someone has to say it

Someone needs to say something here before you go around and badmouth a bunch of people that do not deserve it.

There are two rescue groups in the area - the Brandon Humane Society and Funds for Furry Friends. The folks at Funds for Furry Friends take pictures at the pound once a week and post them online for their owners. Further to this, the "pound page" is linked from the city of brandon website, and both local rescue groups. I can not believe you would bash the Brandon Humane Society or any other rescue group for that matter. The people who run the rescues in this area work very hard to save lives - and you are sitting here insulting them!

#1 - Almost every city and town in Canada has a running at large bylaw. It is against this bylaw to have your dog running loose.

#2 - Looking for direction on where to find a dog? Try the area vet clinics, try the radio stations, try the newspapers, try the police or RCMP - all of these places have this information. Did you consider putting an advertisement in the paper when your dog FIRST went missing? How about putting up posters when the dog was FIRST lost?

#3 - Almost every animal impound is only allowed to keep the dogs for 72 hours before they are euthanized. Out of area sometimes is 5-7 days when they use an impound facility outside of the area. If these new owners of your dog did not rescue him - he would be DEAD!

Consider this... Someone saved your dog's life. The people who have him now actually saved his life - and now you want them to give him back to you because you deserve him back?

I have been reading your posts and honestly - I am reading about a dog who has gotten away on you more than once, a dog who is kept in an insecure yard, and a dog whose owners have such a "busy" lifestyle, they could not look for him for weeks...

You have a lot of stuff in your posts about how unfair this is to you... If Brew had been hit by a truck or caught in a fence somewhere - who would you blame?