Reaction to lepto vaccine
Recently, my pup Oliver had a fairly bad reaction to the lepto vaccine. He started sneezing, the vomiting. Shortly after his face started to swell and he had a hard time breathing. Scared me to death. The vet hospitalized him overnight and he came home the next day. Now my question. The vet said she would leave the decision up to me if he received the vaccine again next year. If he receives it, he will have to be dosed with benedyl prior to and likely again afterward and will also require a hospital stay. Would it be better for him not to get it at all. What if his reaction is even worse and more severe with damage to his health?