View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
Have you tried putting just a miniscule amount (like the size of a pencil eraser) in with their canned food? Then slowly - very slowly! - increase the amount of raw. Some cats are more stubborn than others, but if you take things at a snails pace you should eventually win out. Since a couple are okay with cooked meat, can you gradually start cooking it less and less?

Yes I did that this weekend and have tried that while I had my foster kittens, but just didn't have the time to fight with the adults when I had 10 cats in the house to deal with. For Jasper who is an orijen lover, I have even tried putting a tiny piece of raw meat on his kibble and hand feeding him, kibble by kibble, got only one piece in him. I also did this with Sweet Pea and managed to get two pieces of kibble with some raw on it before she realized what I was doing, then she quit eating

Added little raw to Puddle's Wellness and she sniffed it, took a couple of licks, then tried to bury it. Puddles will eat cooked meat sometimes since changing her food to Wellness so I am making some headway with her.

I will not give up, I still want them on raw.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey