Thread: Stubborn Cat
View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2008, 04:35 PM

Unhappy Stubborn Cat

Ok here's the story:

I just decided to adopt my first cat after moving into the big city(Toronto). After cat proofing my apartment and getting all the essential cat stuff i went and adopted a 2 year old male kitty. He supposedly came from a good home and spent very little time in the shelter. In addition he was fixed and all his shots were up to date. So I brought him home to my place and set the carrier down in the living room. Silly me, I should of put him in my bedroom and let that be his safe room. So in the middle of the night i heard some loud scurrying. I immediately woke up and started looking for him. I could not find him, until I noticed a small hole which lead up to a small area above the ceiling( i have no idea how he got up there). the area is very small vertically but very long horizontally. just enough for a cat to get in.

About 300 cm high and 3 meters long....i can barley stick my head in to see him with a flashlight....

I 'm pretty sure he can come down again there are some small platforms he can probably jump down to to come back to the living area.

He's been up there for about 5 days now. I put food and water close as a i can to him (in the living area) but he's not eating or drinking it.

I'm kinda worried he'll starve himself to death out of fear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my kitty is here <= entered here
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My living area is down here

Thanks for your help. :sad:

Last edited by nnikol; January 29th, 2008 at 04:45 PM.