View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2008, 03:52 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I gave her 50mg of Rimadyl with some kibble and yogurt--I'll remember that about the banana, Frenchy.

She's still very sore, but no more massive draining like last night. I wish it would drain--those bits that bled so hard last night are looking flat and, although covered with a black crust, very dry.

I was talking to the vet again this afternoon--she said Ridge's infection is progressing a lot like puppy strangles--a deep-tissue infection affecting the muzzle, nose, and sometimes around the eyes and ears, as well. So far, it has not spread beyond the muzzle, although the areas around her lips and chin that were bumpy are now weeping. So that's good. I just wish she'd feel better faster. :sad:

The drug of choice here is cephalexin, but Ridge has always been very intolerant of it, so we went with the next choice, Clavamox. If this continues into Friday, however, we'll have to switch to cephalexin, anyway--so I'm looking for a good probiotic to prepare her gut with. Anyone have any favorite brands of probiotic or hints on what I should look for when I'm choosing between any two on the shelves?

The whole house smells of blood. :sad: My poor baby...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."