View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2007, 11:10 AM
Doggie Wench

Happy to oblige Winston .

Ava is a wonderful girl. She does love everybody but, men, either canine or human, is her obvious preference. The big flirt . She often lets out a little whine while walking if we pass men who do not come to greet her. Never women, just men. She's too cute.

She absolutely adores Lucky. It took him a little time to get used to all her attention but he welcomes as much as she can give now. Penny still ceaselessly brings her toys to encourage Ava to play with her too for a change, lol.

Attached are a couple of pics. One of Ava and Lucky who always pile up the cushions in the living room. Yes, that's aluminum foil on the new couch cover. I try to keep this as the one piece of furniture for guests that don't appreciate doggy hair stuck to their clothes . The next is of Ava who, when I'm not looking, takes all of my pillows off the bed (and only mine ), and any available blankies to snuggle up in. I often catch Lucky in the act of bringing her another when she may have missed one . I'm not kidding, lol.

She's an extremely friendly girl, tail always wagging if you even just look at her. She plays real hard but rests real hard as well. She seems to have a little separation anxiety (the first time I heard her and Lucky howl/wail in harmony nearly gave me a heart attack....so I took the day off of work ). I exercise them well in the morning and leave them with their breakfast frozen in their Kongs when I leave now. As per the several videos I occasionally take while I'm gone, they both settle very well. I only do short shift work, unless it's Sunday when I work the entire day, but the rest of the family is home then to keep them company.

We don't regret for a minute taking her in, and will certainly miss her in the Spring, but we're looking forward to the happy moment when she can be reunited with her family who loves her so much.
Attached Images