Thread: Designer Breeds
View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_feng View Post
Please define designer breed. Frankly, I have not done any research on designer breed. I just got a Leonberger this year, I guess it is consider as a designer breed. I got her from a reputable breeder. In fact, I do not consider anything from the puppy mills or pet stores as designer breed. These pets are just designer breed look alike. I think you need to do some research on designer breed too. I compare designer breed to designer clothes just because they are what I love to have. Perhaps, there is a little bit of trying to make a statement. What's wrong with it. I don't feel guilty about doing this. I guess every once in a while, people would love to make some personal statement. Just like you mention about you work with the disable people and seems to know a lot in breeding. In fact, breeding of designer dogs or cats is a completely different issue. What you had mention in your paragaph is a bit off topic. Sorry if I offend anyone for saying this. I just like to express myself.

I think you need to do a bit more research about YOUR breed!!

Leonbergers are so very far from a designer breed. The breed originated well over 100 years ago in Germany to guard and herd flocks of sheep. You can find out more information about them here: http://www.leonbergerclubofamerica.com/

There is no such thing as a designer breed look alike. All of your little - oodle mixes are designer breeds and, unlike the Leonberger, they are bred strictly to make big money.