View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:41 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Bad mouthing pet food companies - Please read - please comment

This is a touchy subject for members because of the dedication they have to feeding their pets well and to educating new and regular members - both of which are commendable.

The slander rules on this site though need to be followed for all companies including pet food companies. Why - because when members let their passions get the best of them by posting slanderous or potentially slanderous comments ADMINS take the heat 100% of the time. Once again slanderous comments INCLUDE those comments that members think are true but have not been proven so in a court of law.

So where is the balance? Where is the middle ground?

The balance is in the wording. Saying comany X produces garbage or poison or has no regard for animals is slander.
HOWEVER, It is perfectly legitimate to say that company X produces a lower quality food than comapny Y or Z when you explain yourself diplomatically.

Everyone has their own different 'truth'. For some members feeding raw is the ultimate, for others super premium brands rock, and others are content feeding lower quality food saying their last cat or dog lived a long time on that food.

As ADMINS all we want is for the dialogue to continue WITHOUT MODS stepping in and closing threads.

Due to the fact that this is really important issue and has come up a few times already, and wheras normally this would be a locked sticky, for now we're leaving this thread open to members to comment.

Thanks in advance,

Marko
ADMIN
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter