View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Sheltie Mom

Talking Hi everyone! Newbie here!

I guess I'll introduce myself first.

I'm Ashley. I'm 16 and live in Vancouver, BC with two dogs. I've loved dogs for as long as I can remember. I'm an (newbie) dog sport fanatic. I'm training my dogs in advance obedience now; I hope to have them earn their CD title next year. I'm also hoping to have them do flyball, agility and hopefully have them tested for herding instinct as soon as I find some clubs and a herding clinic.

Now for the dogs. I have two dogs, both sable male Shetland Sheepdogs. Kai, turning 2 on the 29th of July, is my first dog. He was from a breeder in Hedley, BC. Kaedyn, estimated to be 5/6 years old, is our newest addition (came home September 17th, 2003) and is our first rescue. He came from the Vancouver Animal Shelter. I was there on my first day as a volunteer dog walker and fell in love with him within the first five minutes of being there. He has been the biggest challenge I've ever come across but he introduced me to the wonderful world of dog training and rescuing. Because I was forced to learn more about training because of his problems, I realized I loved it and am planning to become a trainer someday soon.

Here's a picture of the two taken last week. Kaedyn is on the left, Kai is on the right.