I extremely allergic to my new puppy. HELP!!
I recently picked up a Spanish Water Dog (very rare breed, cousin to Portuguese). He is 9 weeks and I have had him for 5 days. He is one of these purported "hypoallergenic" breeds that has wool like a Poodle and does not shed a single hair. Since having him I have been sneezing, coughing and short of breath. He is so wonderful and I am too attached and can't fathom giving him up.
Does anyone know if the puppy hair is worse for allergies than the adult hair? What can I do to minimize it since everything I read seems to be a hoax when studied by actualy Vets. I have two air purifiers going and I am taking Claritin which doesn't seem to do anything but make my mouth dry.