View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2006, 05:05 PM
Agility Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaana
As for the tranquilizer/sedative idea, it's been discussed already. The problem is, they don't work immediately so she's likely to wander off in the bush and fall asleep there. This is not an easy place to search for a sleepy dog. There are a lot of bushes too tight for a human to walk in, and some water holes, etc
I have to disagree with that. I have been walking in those woods weekly in search of Maddie (daily when I first heard about it).
If you could enlist the help of an experienced hunter/tracker it wouldn't be difficult to pick up her tracks... The creek/ravine's are the worst part but when it hasn't rained the water doesn't go over rainboots (you have to cross at the right spot).
It is far from pleasant but its a possibility...the shot itself could cause her to panic which is my biggest fear and she may pass out in a unsafe area.