Thread: yes i am
View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Senior Contributor

I actually sympathize with Heidi,like I would be,she was ill prepared for a puppy,but could not easily give up on him.
However,I am not comfortable with the casual way some of you say"you can always get a cat/kitten".
Cats too cost money,cats too get sick and need a lot of love and care,they do live a lot longer than most dogs.
Heidi having a nasty boyfriend bothers me,if he is teasing a puppy,I can just imagine what he would do to a small cat
Also,unlike a puppy,cats should not be kept in crates.Also not all kitties are instantly lap-cats,especially shelter-kitties,it will take some effort and patience to gain a cats confidence,well worth it,but does Heidi have it?
I don't begrudge Heidi someone to love and care for,I just want her to think about it,before replacing Damien with a cat...also,in my experience a male cat would be better in the cuddle-department
One last thing,I am hoping Heidi is not thinking of locking a cat up in the bathroom while she is at work,she will then have a very stressed cat,unlikely to be a lap-cat.