View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2006, 08:19 AM

Bowel Movement

I have a question and I hope someone can help me. MY dog Sam is a poodle. Saturday through Sunday morning throughout the night he was sick throwing up, diarrhea. Sunday through the day he seemed ok, although his stool was soft, then Monday the diarrhea came back, and Tuesday was the worst he had diarrhea all over my house. I called the vet and luckily I had some meds from a previous bout of diarrhea. I started giving him the medications, and the diarrhea stopped, however NOW, he has not have a bowel movement at all in 2 1/2 days. I am completely worried. I have called my vet 3 times and he states this is normal, that sometimes it takes a pet to go a few days before they're bowel movements will resume. I am worried...should I be? The doctor said to give it until Monday and should have a bowel movement by then, but what if he dont. He also said to walk him sometimes that helps. I have read if you feed them a little bit of canned pumpkin that will help. Can someone give me some advice and help on this situation...thanks a worried mom