Thread: Pet podcast #4
View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Agility Addict
YAY Foxhounds were mentioned

I like the podcasts that were set up in an interview fashion with specific questions. It would have be interesting to hear from people who have breed experience but I fully understand that it would have taken a lot more time/work! I would have liked to have had more stress placed on the basic needs of all breeds instead of just a break down of the groups.

I don't mind that they are every 2 weeks but Prin raises a valid point. People might find them more interesting if they aren't as frequent. Having them once a month would also give you more time to prepare and hoepfully incorporate guest speakers!

Maybe a good idea for podcasts would be to have an on-going idea that perhaps follows the story of one person/dog - for instance "puppy diaries" or "Adopting a pet with a history" or "foster issues". You could follow them over time and through the hurdles of training, pack dynamics, socialization, health and behavioural issues - and offer solutions as to what worked for this specific dog and what might work for others in similar positions. It gives a more interactive feel I think but would be a lot of work!

I am enjoying these podcasts regardless!
"Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to."