View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Honest Contributor
copper's mom, nice loot the only thing i would change is the bleached tripe, no nutrition in there for the doggies... if you need help finding it online or locally, just let me know and i hope to be able to help you. but beware that stuff stinks, LOL! also for the first couple of weeks i would limit the intake to one protein source only - in your case, chicken - and go easy on the liver, it can cause loose stools in large amounts or if given too soon into a raw diet (it's very rich). once your dogs have those small, hard, beautiful poops (LOL yes there is such a thing ) then you can add another protein source of your choice, say turkey as you can feed bone-in peices, then eventually richer meats like beef, pork, lamb, etc.
also i think paying more than $1 per pound of food is not really a good deal... have you checked out any food sources other than the grocery store? if you need pointers in that direction i would be glad to help on that too, unless you don't mind paying more for the meats, LOL!
sooo glad your doggies are enjoying it, please keep us posted!
"Let Thy Food Be Thy Medicine"

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love: