View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:55 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Rescue
To put a dog like this into a household with 3 young children is a very bad idea, IMO.

Children naturally want to be with, play with and pet a new dog and I really think an outgoing dog who is used to kids would be a better choice.

This dog needs a lot of work, and then likely needs to be in a quiet adult home with knowledgeable and patient owners.

Putting her into a busy home is almost guaranteeing failure and maybe seeing her bounced from home to home.
I agree 100% Although it's so wonderful you took her into your home you have to remember for 5 yrs she only seen horror and abuse. There is no way this dog will come around any time soon and possibly never will. But putting her in a home with 3 kids ... OMG this will be a nightmare for her and I'm sorry to say this. Kids have expectations and they could never truly understand her needs and there's always that chance they'll eventually want to rehome. IMO she needs quiet times and most probably would do best with 1 person where she could slowly gain some trust.

This family sure would make a wonderful home otherwise.