View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2006, 10:12 PM

crate with kindness

Crating is a KIND way to make an animal feel safe...I feel very upset over the response that is given here for crating...

i am not a trainer or veterinarian, but i am a human being and I know that dogs have the same feelings that humans do...if you just stuck me in a crate, for 5 minutes, I WOULD BE TERRIFIED...where is the humanity??

Every training I have ever seen with crate training is a process, days, weeks, where the crate sits in a specific area, DOOR OPEN....the dog has his favorite toys and play things....he is not put into the crate, he is closed into the crate....he discovers the crate and finds that he LIKES IT AND FEELS SAFE...

Good lord, if you crate trained any animal or human by just sticking him in to the crate, why would he like it.......a crate is the DOG'S choice...I shudder to think of how any poor animal would feel by being forced into a closed area, no escape....

Dogs WANT to please us...we are their gods....they adore us....if yours is acting out, there is a reason...he misses you or something like that...or he is sick...but, to punish him by locking him into a box is not humane or kind...

Please when training dogs do it kindly....

good luck with your dog....I lost 3 this year due to old age....I would do a million things over....I had a samoyed with separation anxiety....how I would love to start all over with him...I love them so....