View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Senior Contributor

Babyrocky1.

Then write the New Yorker and let them know that Michael Bryant’s government REFUSED all attempts by the opposition members to include a ‘dog bite registry’ in the new legislation which prevented any real proof that dog bites have gone up or down from being gathered. In fact due to this legislation and the refusal of Michael Bryant who struck those recommendations down dog owners who believe this law ignores the fact that all dogs that bite have one thing in common – they are dogs- are creating their own registry.

Cases of dog attacks that make print, although the stories are seldom picked up outside of the municipalities where the incidents happen , are being forwarded to an anti-BSL group. Stories such as the attack last weekend in Port Colborne where two non pit bull type dogs which are reported to have killed another dog a couple of years ago have once again killed another dog - in this case a Pomeranian. Dogs such as this are the issue. Dangerous dogs of all breeds and sizes that are not considered an issue by the same politician that when asked about another breed (which I won’t mention) said that the breed was ‘not an issue’ despite being responsible for both of the dog related deaths in Canada for the past two years and once again the breed was not a pit bull breed.

That the same Michael Bryant has stood up and made false statement s regarding Winipeg's stats despite those stats being published which really says a lot about the man.

Go ahead BabyRocky1....I dare you. I double dog dare you.....
Letters to the Editor
To submit a letter in response to a New Yorker article for publication in the magazine, you may send an e-mail to themail@newyorker.com. Alternatively, letters may be faxed to 212-286-5047, or mailed to us at 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036. Letters should include the writer’s name, postal address, and daytime phone number. Letters may be edited for length and clarity, and may be published in any medium. All letters become the property of The New Yorker and will not be returned. We regret that, owing to the volume of correspondence, we cannot reply to every letter. Publicity materials or submissions should not be sent to these addresses and will not be forwarded to other departments.