View Single Post
  #11  
Old May 15th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Lucky Rescue Lucky Rescue is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,287
The problem with just adding water, and not changing it, is that the water evaporates, but the toxins in it do not. So, as the water level goes down, the amonia, etc. just gets more concentrated.

You really need either a filter, or you must do much more frequent partial water changes.

Just adding water can cause toxins to build to a level that can cause illness and death in fish.
Reply With Quote