View Single Post
  #8  
Old January 15th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Inverness Inverness is offline
Sasha's Den Rescue
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 636
From everything I have read, there are no studies that have yet established why some dogs would react to grapes while others don't. No study either has identified which part of the grapes (or which chemical on the grapes) would lead to renal failure. Some dogs have eaten grapes in small amounts as treats their whole lives without any problem while others went into kidney failure hours after ingesting a large amount of them for the first time. I guess the safest thing is either not to feed grapes to your dog at all or else give them as an occasional treat and in small quantities.
Reply With Quote