View Single Post
  #5  
Old January 14th, 2006, 09:23 PM
mona_b's Avatar
mona_b mona_b is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hamilton Ont
Posts: 4,620
The only part of the grape that is toxic is the "seed".

All my dogs have gotten grapes(seedless)as treats.I'm not talking every day and a whole bunch.And I make sure they are washed first.

My first GSD lived to be 13.With absalutely no health issues leading to the grapes.And he started getting them as treats when he was 3 months old.My current GSD is almost 10.He too has been getting them since he was 3 months old.He is in great health except for a bit of arthritis.

Also,I really don't think my breeder/vet. would have given me the ok for them if she/he knew it would cause major health issues.
__________________
"A dog can express more with his tail in minutes than his owner can express with his tongue in hours."
Reply With Quote