View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2005, 06:07 AM

More great ideas about making myself taste bad to him! Thanks! I recently tried pure vinegar in a spray bottle on the furniture (not him - don't worry) and wonder if that would work on me too.

I'm not sure if my puppy is teething or not. He is 3 months old today actually...counting the days down until adulthood! . I really don't think it's about chewing to him...he doesn't seem to chew on me, he bites and tugs on my skin. I think it's more about playing. He starts with the play bow and then goes crazy - he also loves to run away from me when I try to give him time outs. Should I find him a puppy to play with? He loves other dogs so much....as soon as he sees they are friendly he jumps on them two paws on their shoulders! He seems to be lacking social skills.

"everytime he comes near you take control and make him do something for you. This will break his focus on chewing you to bits."

I've been trying this and it seems to be working. He is VERY into food. Food is above all else to him except walks so I've been shaking his treats when he gets into his attack mode and this instantly puts him in the eating mood. I then make him sit or lie down for a long time before giving him anything.
Is this a good idea? Or is this rewarding him for bad behaviour? Will he attack me just for treats in the future? Thanks for the suggestion btw Stacey!!!