View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2005, 07:10 PM

Exclamation Found - Blind Orange Male Cat in Etobicoke, Ontario

Found on the ring road behind Humber College in Etobicoke, Ontario on June 7, 2005 around noon.

Orange, long-haired, medium-sized male Persian. Very underweight and terribly matted - we think he has been on his own for a while. He is blind in both eyes, but seems to have a bit of limited vision. (Kitty jumped right into the pet carrier and started purring happily when we came to rescue him.) No white markings that we can see, but he was so matted it was hard to tell.

Vet estimates his age to be between 12-16 years of age. He is very sweet and friendly with people. The vet didn't tell us if he is neutered or not.

Cat has no tags, collar or microchip. Unfortunately we have allergies, so are unable to keep him at our house. He is currently residing with Toronto Animal Services, and he is sentenced to die on June 14, 2005 unless someone adopts or claims him.

We were thinking of taking him home as an outside cat, but at his age and with his blindness we were worried he would be attacked by the coyotes and feral cats that pass through our yard nightly.

Please contact me via email ASAP if you think this might be your lost cat or if you know anyone who has lost a cat that matches this description.

He is a lovely fellow and it saddens me to think of him being put down. If his owner doesn't come forward, we would be more than willing to help cover the bills to get him out of kitty prison and have his shots, vet work, etc. if we could find him a loving foster home where he could be an indoor kitty spending the last few years of his life sleeping in the sun. We would be happy to deliver him to a loving home in the Toronto, Mississauga or Barrie areas.

Please email me at hats2953@look.ca

Thanks,

Sara