View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:11 AM
banned user

1st - naming names is against 'RULES' so probably that is why it was black-out! If anyone is interested in seeing the name on the bill, please feel free to pm kidsruz4

"That bill means nothing, since there are no names on it.

When cockatoos are being slaughtered in the millions at shelters and being dumped on every street corner, then I would be concerned with people breeding and buying them.

Around here, if someone wants a large parrot, they have little choice except to buy it.

I may not personally agree with large birds having their wings clipped and being kept in cages, but there certainly is nothing illegal about it."

This is so untrue - There are many ways to acquire large birds ...

There are a few organizations - both domestic and wild and at least two small hospitals that deal with these birds who often have clients of theirs that no longer want their birds and are willing to surrender them.

Also, you can go through newspaper articles as well as web sites.

Of course it may not be illegal for a rescuer to purchase a bird from a pet store but surely it is unethical. How can it be proven that the $1,725.38 did not go to purchase puppies from a puppy mill allowing this viscious circle to continue?

If I am missing something - please feel free to help me understand!