View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoo

In K-country my Aussie is rarely on lead unless we are passing horses or wildlife are close by. My BC/Heeler cross is still a little out of control so we may have to rein him in a little until we shape him up.
Well lets see the pics man!! Just kidding.

On the pastureland - 3000 acres - that is next door, the foundation for the Goldentales stories on my website, I do let Abby and Keeper run free and that's where I've grown to know Abby so well.

She grows bolder and bolder and stretches the rules way too much and doesn't listen well enough. That's why she's on a leash - in my hand - everywhere else.

She would definitely bring a bear back. In fact, she'd go looking for one to bring back.

She's went toe to toe with a juvenile, inexperienced, moose once up in the pastureland hills . . . . fortunately, she lived. On another occasion, a bull moose was on the other side of our fence destroying a thicket of willows when he made a move to charge the barking Abby and Keeper. My wife managed to arrange an orderly retreat, including Abby.

Another time on a long walk up in the pasturelands we were on the other side of a rise when a GROWLING 2000 lb bull surprised us by coming over the hill . . . . we all just started walking off at an angle, Abby being a perfect angel and listening to our whispered pleas, and fortunately, the bull was mad at something else because he kept on going over to his herd. We didn't know he was in that pasture. Surprise!!

Ah, the stories you live to tell . . . .

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca