View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoo
Also noticed your doogies were offleash in those pics and you posted the evidence

Just for FYI, both Abby and Keeper have their leashes on in ALL of the photo's above, monstrous 15 footers or so. . . . . I'm prone to select pictures that hide leashes but they never leave our property without them.

As an example, you can see I'm holding on to Abby's leash in the drilling rig photo and Keeper is dragging hers about 30 feet ahead (wide angle shot), admittedly technically "off-leash" in Keepers case although a controlled situation. We were walking down a gravel road with good visibility in all directions.

Keeper is strong on verbal commands and stays close in that situation . . . and out of the forest.

Abby is none of the above, a real explorer, so she was being held.

I let them pile into the water on their own, although dragging their leashes as per the pictures above. I hover over them while they take their bath and when they leave the water I take hold of them.

If we're in the forest, I'll hold onto both . . . . or when people or vehicles are passing on the road.

Both were on leash and in hand in Fish Creek today, as per city ordinances, even when in the water.

On walks on our country road, Abby gets the leash while Keeper drags hers . . . we take hold of her if a vehicle is approaching.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca