Thread: soup recipes
View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Administrator - Pet lover

Carrot soup a la Marko

This is a real easy one and very tasty. I am NOT at all a talented cook but this soup always seems to turn out great. I always use different veggies to add with the carrots and LOADS of garlic. I never measure anything so I really had to think about how to describe this recipe....here goes.

This serves about 8 people or makes 8 good portions.

Peel a 2 pound bag of carrots.

Cut the carrots in half and add the carrots to a large pot of boiling water (4 liters). You can also add at the same time 1 or 2 onions, leeks, green pepper -whatever vegetables you have hanging around that you like.

Lower the heat so that everything simmers for about 20-25 min.

Once the carrots (and other vegetables if you used any) are very soft, strain them while SAVING the water that you used.

Put the carrots through a food processor, blender or use a hand masher and mash up the whole concoction reall well.

Put the concoction back into the original pot and slowly add back the water that you saved until the mixture is creamy (not too thin, not too thick)

Add salt, pepper, a lot of garlic, a bit of cream or milk (depending on your diet), and any other spices that you like and simmer again for at least 1/2 hour or more.

Serve and enjoy.