View Single Post
  #7  
Old February 17th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Cariboo2 Cariboo2 is offline
Frenchy's mom
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lone Butte, BC
Posts: 9
Making the difficult decision

Well, our big guy has been getting worse, and we've decided not to let it get to the point where he is in distress. It's a hard decision, wondering if maybe - just maybe - he might still make a miraculous recovery, but it seems to be affecting his eating. Although he still has a good appetite, he seems to have trouble chewing and swallowing now.

You sometimes wonder if you are postponing the decision for the pet's sake, or for your own, because it's so very hard to say goodbye. I just know I would feel terrible if he began to suffer badly and I could have prevented it by letting him go with dignity a few days earlier.
Reply With Quote