View Single Post
  #4  
Old December 27th, 2013, 06:34 PM
hazelrunpack's Avatar
hazelrunpack hazelrunpack is offline
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Just east of the Hazelnut Patch, Wisconsin
Posts: 49,955
So sorry you're going through this. It's never an easy decision. My best advice is to take the information the vets give you, keep Blanca's best interests in mind and make the best decision you can. You can only do your best--and as long as your decision is made out of love for your girl, it will be the right decision.

The hardest part of pet ownership is knowing when it's time to let them go. It never feels right and I always have to fight the urge to second-guess myself after the fact. But because we live in an imperfect world, we can never know when the perfect time is. Best we can do is make an educated guess...

How long will it be before you get the results of the ultrasound? With luck, you'll have a better idea of what's going on after you get the results. Might make it a bit easier to make a decision. If more tests are suggested, look at them carefully to see what the results might tell you. If the results won't change the outcome or the treatment (or lack thereof), the test is probably just an unnecessary expense. If you can't afford it, you can't afford it, plain and simple. No guilt.

Regardless of how this turns out, please post back and let us know how it goes. Most of us have been where you are at one time or another and have an inkling of what you're going through. Hang in there and remember to breathe!
__________________
"We are--each of us--dying; it's how we live in the meantime that makes the difference."

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Reply With Quote