View Single Post
  #4  
Old November 18th, 2013, 03:10 PM
marko's Avatar
marko marko is offline
Administrator - Pet lover
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Montreal Quebec Canada
Posts: 11,122
I'm not a vet but if it is 100% sure it's just orange fibres that the cat ate, then I'd be shocked if there were any serious effects.

Of course it's that 5% doubt that kills us.

here's what the SPCA says http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal...-plants/orange

ORANGE
Scientific Name: Citrus sinensis
Toxicity: Toxic to Dogs, Toxic to Cats, Toxic to Horses
Toxic Principles: Essential oils and psoralens
Clinical Signs: Vomiting, diarrhea, depression; potential photosensitivity

(If your pet ingested this plant, contact your local veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at 888-426-4435.*
* A $65 consultation fee may apply.)

Please give us an update if you get a chance
__________________
Please tactfully EDUCATE or IGNORE posters you don't agree with.
Please PM me & Include URLs and post #'s for any issues and it's my pleasure to help.
I'm firm - but fair. Mind the Rules and enjoy your stay.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Reply With Quote