View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:16 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about your health problems with your cat.

From what you are saying, I would have to suspect he's suffering from Renal Failure - it sounds very familiar to a problem that I had this past winter/spring with a cat I was fostering.

With him urinating outside the litter box and him passing blood, I would suspect that he's in considerable pain when passing urine. This is why the urinating outside the box is common to a cat - it relates pain to the litter box.

I'm surprised at the amount of medications he's on, especially with kidney problems. Pharmaceuticals are generally more difficult for a cat to metabolize than other animals, including humans. This can cause extra work for the kidneys and liver, which could be complicating things.

I would strongly suggest seeking an opinion from another vet as soon as possible - especially one that specializes in cats.

Another thing you were mentioning is that he is not drinking. This could mean that he's dehydrating and will have to be given liquids subquetaneously through the skin via needle - excuse the spelling there.

You need some speedy medical advice. As much as I hate to mention it, and it's the last thing that anyone wants to consider, but euthanasia may be the route you might have to go.

I'm not a vet, but from my experience I'd be trying to find someone who is quite knowledgeable on feline medicine and preferably a working knowledge of alternative medicines as well. I've had very good luck with alternative meds in this situation.

In your area, there are several vets that practise both holistic and alopathic medicines. This will give you the best of both worlds.

I wish you the best of luck and I have enclosed a web site for you to look at.

http://www.felinecrf.org/index.htm