Thread: Dog's eye check
View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstro View Post
Hi Jull, I see your point. Thanks a lot. Looks like I didn't have much luck with previous vets. So my trust was gone and only mistrust remained. And I tried to stay away from them to keep my dog healthy. Just to make this clear, I don't care about the money, all I care is about my dog's health, I just need to make sure I get the health service for my baby, and not being cheated by a dishonest or under-qualified practitioner. That's why I was trying to find the details of what this this annual checkup should cover. Because I don't have a feeling we got the required service when we visited the new vet. It was just external observation, that's it. Maybe that is indeed it, I don't know... Your last sentence gives me some confidence. And we'll see what she has to say.
At the end of the day you are the one that has to decide what is best for your furkid, and if you don't like/trust your doctor, I would look for another one.

I loved the old clinic where I took my pets, but there was not much information being shared, if the doctors thought something was good, that was the end of it they wouldn't explain further (like vaccines), nor look at the big picture instead of just the one issue. Once I found my new clinic I was thrilled beyond anything, and the visits are only by appointment no walk-ins, so I know I am also been given a time just for me and to answer as many questions as I have.

You have the right to question your vet, just because she/he is the Dr. doesn't mean he has the last word, but you also have to give them a chance if everyone had a Dr. Becker in our city it would just be a perfect world!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi