Thread: Dog's eye check
View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:27 PM

Thank you marko, joane.

In fact we do have a vet, the one we went to when the dog was limping. We are indeed registered there, they opened a file, performed a standard first visit checkup. So, we do have a vet. When I called them and asked for a referral to an ophthalmologist, the secretary said - it's gonna be ~$70. From what I understand that was a price for a visit, to see a vet, so that she give us a referral. But the Dr. is not an ophthalmologist herself, ophthalmology services are not even listed on the clinic's website under "services". So, I wasn't sure what these $70 are for. Looks like I need to turn that visit into something more than just the eye problem. Just don't want to be overcharged for nothing or for services that are not needed. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who can recommend a vet, (some people who recommended me a vet, one visit was enough to grab my legs and run away from such a vet), so I've chosen a clinic not far from my location, based on high ratings reviews on http://www.vetratingz.com/. Not sure though if these ratings can be truly trusted.
Thanks joane for making clear that even to get a referral is equivalent to a visit. marko said zero $$, so I was a little confused...

Last edited by monstro; July 3rd, 2013 at 06:45 AM.