View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Jull I totally hear you about the not rescuing guilt. When we bought these two puppies, we spent a long time searching for a reputable breeder, so at least I know I did that part right, but I also feel guilty about not rescuing. All of my pets prior have come from rescue. Don't dwell on the guilt, you've learned a lot as you said, and you will share that wisdom with others. Your two will not be used to reproduce unwanted puppies, it's all good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymac View Post
ya don't feel bad for sure!! I've had 3 purebred cats. 2 Manx, includes Bobee, got him from the same breeder and Baxter my British Shorthair, all from breeders. But I've also done the rescue/adopt route too of course. I checked out the breeders of course and they were both excellent. I just wish the Manx breeder hadn't retired cause man they are getting hard to find. It would be sad to see the breed die out.
You know, I think the problem started back from when I was a kid, all of our dogs came from homes of people we knew, there is not alot of knowledge in mexico about reputable or registered breeders, so when I started looking for bestia I really had no direction and honestly I knew nothing about the concept of backyard breeders, actual good breeders, puppy mills... like I said I thought bestia was from a home of a couple dogs, but soon I realized something was up. Now I have learned so much more and now I know how important it is to either go to a good registered breeder or a rescue and what to expect from both.

You are right DD...Never thought about it I am sure my guys would make beautiful babies lol but no chance in hell that will happen

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi