View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2013, 10:51 PM

Thank you all for your replies! I truly appreciate it and it means more to me than you'll ever know that all of you took the time to respond. I'm sorry it took so long to respond but I've just been busy with the lil guy.

I took JaspyBaby for his appointment at the animal hospital for the second opinion. The vet there was much more caring and encouraging and supportive than that first vet. She let me know that he is unfortunately paralyzed in his hindlimbs. But she DID confirm for me that he's not in any type of pain and in no time should be back to his normal self, mentally. She explained to me that it's going to be ALOT of work and time to care for him with conservative management but if I'm willing to do it then there is absolutely no reason why not to.

At this point she put him on a steroid, pain/discomfort medication, and muscle relaxer with strict crate rest for 6-8 weeks to allow the spine to heal before any therapy or carts or what not.

So, I'm going to just take it one day at a time and hope and pray for the best! We can use all the support and encouragement we can get