View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:59 PM

nose bleeding

This thread is absolutely breaking my heart. First of all, I'm so sorry to all of you who have lost your dogs, I can't imagine how much it hurts and I hope I don't have to find out for a long time.

Similar to a few others here, I searched dog nose bleeds and ended up here. Katie is a 10 yr old chocolate lab, she started getting really minor nose bleeds in Nov. we assumed it was the cold dry air, she's always licked her nose a lot and she gets dry cracked skin sometimes.

Then last week she got a pretty major nose bleed, 1 nostril only, mostly a trickle with more every time she sneezed (she's always sneezed a lot). It had mostly stopped by morning when my husband took her to the vet. All tests came back normal, she's eating, she's playing, she doesn't seem to be in any pain at all. But her nose has bled (still just the 1 nostril) every day since then, sometimes a lot, sometimes a little, but at least some every day for over a week now.

Our vet recommended a CT scan, and we're going in for the consultation and I assume the scan tomorrow.

Reading this thread has pretty much scared the ____ out of me. Has anyone actually had these symptoms and had it be a fungal infection or a tooth infection? I'm really hoping for just an infection or something like that and NOT the big C word

Thanks,
Heather