View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:05 AM

Unhappy Cloudy eye

I have a 5-year-old cat with a new (3 weeks) cloudy eye. This occurred after he had been left home alone for 3 days while my husband and I were out of town. It was fine when we got home, then cloudy the next morning. I took him to the vet, who found NO reason for the eye to be so inflamed, cloudy and painful. She also ran blood tests for viruses and bacteria, all of which were negative....including feline HIV, leukemia, etc. His eye seems to be less painful as long as I use the ointment (3 antibiotics + steroid). If I stop the medication for more than a day or two it gets all red and painful to him again. Now they want me to take him to a feline ophthalmologist. More $$..it's been over $400 so far. I love my kitty but this is getting out of control! I don't want him to be in pain, and I would like to know what's happening, but it's so expensive and the vets do NOT accept payments...payment up front, please! The first available appointment is in 2-1/2 weeks! Really? I'm calling another eye practice tomorrow to see if we can get in sooner. I'm very frustrated, and feel badly for my cat. Poor little guy... Has anyone EVER had a firm diagnosis from a vet as to what was causing the cloudiness?