lua, welcome to the board. Sorry to hear your son's dog is sick. Have you tried just calling the vet to ask him what you should do? He should be able to advise if you need to come in or wait a bit more. It may take a few days for the meds to work. But if you are truly, truly worried just go in. I assume your son is away on duty somewhere, he is in my prayers.