View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's terrifying to watch. and breaks my heart every time it happens. Did your vet review the bloodwork with you? Did he have any clues as to why she had a seizure? As Hazelrunpack said, they can happen and be a one time event, but sadly, that wasn't the case for our baby. I have a Malamute who will be 3 in Feb. and has been having seizures since he was 2.5 months old. His are always grand mal, and he has started having them during the night for the last few months. There's a lot of info and great websites to help you cope. But I think the first thing is to rule out some of the common reasons for seizures. I don't have a lot of time right now, I'm at work... pbpatti just messaged me. But in about an hour or so, I'll be able to come on and chat a bit.

Your little girl is just beautiful
to you both

Robyn

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012