View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2012, 08:31 AM

Food troubles, sore nose

Hi everyone,

I'll be calling in the afternoon to get a vet appointment if I don't see any improvement, but I thought maybe someone here might have had a similar experience and have advice.

I woke up this morning to my 9 year old Aussie x pretty much glued to my back. She's generally not much of a snuggler, and it's pretty common for her to demand ample space to stretch out. If I, the human, move too much while trying to fall asleep, it generally results in her leaving the room in a huff, and going to lay down elsewhere.

Anyways, so I get out of bed early, thinking I can avoid the early morning "feed me, feed me now" whining. lol Maggie is the type of dog that will come running at any time for almost any food. Yet instead of coming to vaccumn up her breakfast, she sat at the front door crying to go out. This is not normal behaviour for the kibble monster, but none the less, I start getting ready to go for a walk with her.

First thing I find when running around the appartment, is her big water bowl empty (it was full last night). Then I find the vomit covered dog bed in the livingroom. At this point I'm trying to think of anything she could have gotten into to make her sick. I can't think of a single thing. There's nothing poisonous around here, and she's not one to chew things at this age.

I took her outside, poop looks normal, although a little small. Then I noticed her nose, along the "seam" where it meets the top of her muzzle, is all red and bloody looking. That's the only way I can describe it. It doesn't seem to bother her.

She still won't eat her kibble, although she has no issue with having things like cooked veggies (which I give her as a treat here and there). The only interest she has with her kibble, is to carry it in individual pieces to different locations around the appartment. She's not eating it. I just find it all very odd for her.

Any ideas anyone? Allergies? Just not feeling well (like we gets colds, etc)?
I've read the post about when to take your pet to the vet, but in a circumstance like this, I'm not sure how long is reasonable to wait. This is the first time something like this has happened.

Thanks!
*~Kally~*