Originally Posted by MissPurryJess
Exactly - I'm just concerned that there's something potentially toxic in the wire coating or something like that. I'd like to know the same about a leather belt - the leather is shiny on one side and rough and kind of nubby (almost suede-like) on the other side. I'd only allow him to play with either thing while supervised - but if they're toxic than I need to come up with a safe alternative.
I would not let a cat chew on leather or wire. A cat could choke on a piece of leather and it could also be toxic to your cat. The cat could hurt it mouth or gum chewing on wire and this would teaching your cat that is OK to chew on cords and wire.