View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:18 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletees View Post
Thank you all for being so kind to talk me through this. Itís truly hard having an older dog. I got Max when I was 20 years old at a garage sale of all places. They had a sign up saying Dog for sale because the apartment was not allowing them to keep dogs. I asked to see him impulsively and they brought out this beautiful 7month old lhaso alpso who immediately jumped up onto my 1 year old son in his stroller and sat directly in his lap. I fell in love with him. They wanted 100 dollars for him and I knew I had only 78 dollars in my bank account. I offered 75. and they took it. I ran to the machine got the money and walked my new dog home.
Iíve watched him grow up with my son. Max has been through all the good with us all the bad. Many moves to new places. and he always just adapted to anything we did with ease. Heís my old reliable..
Its been hard, these last two years when the health problems began to increase and his age became more apparent to me. When the heart problems began I truly thought then he was not going to make it but he got through it and with the help of the vet and fortekor it seemed to be ok , he has arthritis too and I see the struggles to walk some days and his activity level decrease. Watching him age has been so hard. As you might have guessed, he is my first dog, these emotions are all new to me and so very hard.
I promised myself he would never suffer, I keep asking the vet to tell me when its time and he has not told me that yet.I know itís soon though . I guess I just canít imagine that sweet little dog not being here anymore. I am just such a mess.
You are one very special person. .
My thoughts are with you. I know how difficult it is to see them tire, but you must also rejoice on his life now as you will after. Without you, who the heck knows what could have become of this wonderful soul had you not bought him.
Wish more people were like you.