View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2012, 09:32 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

So sorry to hear you're going through this, Lauren.

The really sad thing about nasal cancer is that it progresses quickly and the treatments aren't very effective. So even if you'd known earlier, the outcome would be the same, only you'd have had that much more time to worry and be sad. Baxter would much prefer you to be upbeat and happy.

As MaxaLisa suggests, I'd for sure have a complete blood panel run to check for the telltale skewing of the results that comes with tick-borne disease. Anaplasmosis, in particular, lowers platelets and can cause abnormal bleeding. Treatment is cheap, too--doxycycline. We order ours online with a vet prescription and it's only pennies per pill. So it's worth checking out if you can afford the blood workup.

Other than that, I can only say hang in there and focus on making Baxter's days the happiest they can be.

Pass on some hugs and kisses from me, pls! And if you need to talk, we're here.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."