View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracko View Post

And as per what sugarcatmom said, L-lysine is not a homeopathic remedy. It is an amino acid. "As an essential amino acid, lysine is not synthesized in animals, hence it must be ingested as lysine or lysine-containing proteins."

Some animals need to stay on while others seem to do well on a course of it. When I adopted my cat Mochie (now 14) from the SPCA she had the typical upper respiratory illness. So often you are told once they have it there will always be recurrances. Nope. I treated all my cats with the L-lysine as well as other natural aids and she's never had a relapse. Not even when I adopted my 2 most recent cats (1 year ago) who came to me with the illness. My other 2 plus the kittens were sick but Mochie wasn't. Once again I treated them all with the amino acid (as per the vets instructions) and no one has had any problems.
Hi Dracko! I would be really interested to know what other supplements you give your cats, as you say you give them L-Lysine as well as other natural aids and they are doing so well... My cats have calicivirus, and one of them has now developed gingivitis, any advice would be truly appreciated, thank you so much, Helena