View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindapalm View Post
Glad that others agree with me, I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. She is doing so well for a dog over twelve, that I'd like to keep it that way. Sugarcatmom, that was a very good article, interesting to see that 100% of the dogs tested were still immunized at a minimum of 4-5 years, and after seeing the pictures of what can go wrong it definately helps you to decide. I have always given her heartworm tablets, am now wondering if I should keep that up or not. I have to take her in for a heartworm test Friday, I'm curious to see what the vet will say about no distemper shots.
Right, Schultz's work has shown that if a dog has been vaccinated *once* after 16 weeks, then that provides long-term, possibly lifelong immunity in nearly all dogs. So, imagine a dog that has received more......My girl didn't get any vaccinations for the last 10 years of her life, and my boy in the last 8 years of his life, and I took them everywhere.....

For the HW, I would use one with the least amount of "stuff" in it, but if you are in a HW area, I would give it. It's a nasty disease, and currently the meds to properly fight it aren't even available, at least I think they are still not available.