View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2012, 08:08 PM

I can't believe it's been over a month since I posted here. We made the turn into the New Year and Raggs is doing fairly well but is showing signs of aging as he should.

He's still very much involved with the kitties, and has now decided Tiger is his latest one to argue with. Every night he won't allow Tiger to come into my room or get on the bed, until he has given him the talk. He chats away to him and Tiger just sits and stares and finally will run by when Raggs turns his attention to me. I find this switch from Smokey to be hilarious. Smokey and he still have an on again, off again love affair, sometimes Raggs allows Smokey to kiss him and rub his face all over his muzzle and other times he wants none of it and barks at him and often jumps toward him. I'm not sure what Tiger did to get Raggs's attention, but whatever it was, Raggs obviously wants to talk about it. My first dog used to talk all the time and it is shades of her, when I hear him sounding like he's having a conversation with Tiger.

I think his place in my animal family is what is keeping him going. It's something my vet doesn't see when he's there and it's the highlight of his day. He's still eating well and loves treat time. For awhile I've been spending my evenings reading instead of watching TV. I've tried recently to refocus him on the TV but it's not easy to get him to move into the TV room. I think I've spent too long reading and he's now so used to it, I can't get him interested in the TV again. That's my project for the next week, to get him to lie and watch TV with me. He has a habit now of just lying in his bed which is beside the chair where I read, so I think I'll have to move his bed in front of the TV because he may be more comfortable there.

The tumour is a bit larger and there seems to be a mass over his rib cage now but it isn't bothering him, so I'm not going to do anything about it.

I had a great picture of him at Christmas time which I'll post here, it's small but is a good one.

I hope all of you are well and your furrbies doing well too. Sorry it took me so long to post but I thought I had after his anniversary passed on Dec 20th, but guess I didn't.

I also wish you all a Happy New Year for 2012!
Attached Images